jump to navigation

S2 (masters or graduate study)

First a note on usage: in the UK and Australia you will hear the term postgraduate. In the US people drop the first part and simply say graduate. Both terms refer to the second level of study at the university.

An undergraduate degree (S1) is a prerequisite or requirement for study at the graduate level (S2). A masters degree is perhaps the most common name for a graduate level degree.  The options for graduate study vary considerably depending on the field of study. Here are a few examples:

For students who plan to continue on to a PhD (S3) or similar degree, the masters level may be just a stepping stone.



No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s